Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Well, I guess that's that, then

So we had our opening night of our show last night. It went well, generally pretty smooth, and the actors did well and got a good audience response. I think it'll be really excellent by Saturday as there's no rehearsal which works as well as just doing it in performance. I feel guilty for not having been very director-ly on Monday after the Dress Rehearsal and having done no St Crispin's Day type speech to really rally the troops. These three days have been so much harder than I thought they would be and at that point, I just wanted to clear up the problems and go to bed. MuleBoy is convinced that I will want to direct again in the future and at some point it'll suddenly click and I'll be desperate to direct again. So far, I'm just not there and I can't imagine ever being there. I have enjoyed the rehearsals, think the cast are amazing and am proud of the final product but I just don't feel the connection with directing that I probably should in order to want to do it again. I don't really like the responsibility and it doesn't give me the same thrill that I get from acting. So in future, I shall stick to the bit that I really love and leave directing to the people that crave it. Like the Mule

No comments: