Monday, February 13, 2006

Poorly again

Again, apologies for neglecting to post. I'm generally just not in the mood when I'm at home and especially not when I am feverish and coughing up the contents of my lungs. Funny, that. Anyhoo, I am back at work and trying to work out what needs to be done and trying to get through several miles of paper. It's at times like these when you realise that there is stuff that just doesn't need to be done. I think filing is overrated for a start, we only seem to do it at all to cover our backs when we get audited. Or in order to be able to say "hah, we did send you that letter and we have the proof!" Basically, it's a general cover-all. I reckon that if the world was more trusting, we wouldn't need filing at all. Please everyone, let's make the world a more beautiful place. More trust, more trees!

I kept expecting MuleBoy to tell me I could have last week off from rehearsals as well but he wouldn't do it because he is a big meanie. I was living in fear that I'd pass germs on to the cast and tried to keep a distance. Easy in the theatre, tricky in the other tiny rehearsal spaces we have. I hid behind my scarf a lot of the time. As no-one has gone down with it yet, I am praying that this remains the case.

In all fairness, it is now Show Week, so I guess it was a bit short notice to let me off rehearsals (although surely a benefit of two directors). Yesterday was a long 12 hours comprising getting the set up, sorting the props, setting the lights, programming the lights, having a cue run-through and then a full run-through. Much to their credit, all concerned were tireless and uncomplaining and me and the Mule felt ourselves to be very lucky being surrounded by such a committed group of people. Hooray for you all and much thanks.

No comments: