Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Fatal Addiction

I have failed. I bought some clothes yesterday. Although I can't feel too guilty as it was necessary clothes-buying and I'm not sure that socks and tights really count, especially when there's a 3 for 2 offer on at Boots. I shall rule that out and state that I am nearly up to a month of cold turkey. My last expenditure was a whole £10 on three items of clothing at H&M so I can start feeling smug soon, I think. I nearly caved last week as I looked really cute in a stripey t-shirt that only cost £6 but I figured that the whole feeble rationalisation thing is what normally gets me into trouble anyway. My aim is to avoid buying new clothes until it starts being hot again. I have already donated a great deal of last year's summer wardrobe to charity as I was swimming in some of it (in terms of size rather than actually went swimming in it), had managed to bleach a bit of it with this stupid cream I was trying and have just plain gone off the rest. I hate summer clothes so tend to get stuff that will last for a minimal period of time (the same length of time as the fabled British summer) but as I am going away to Italy for two weeks this August, I feel the need to get summer clothes that are both reasonably flattering and slightly durable. Thus, I am being frugal until a) I crack or b) it's May and starting to warm up. I would not put any money on b) if I were you.

No comments: