Thursday, October 26, 2006

I am the REAL Rod Hull

Is it Greeeen jelly?

I am aware that the above reference is slightly obscure but I don't care. You should have watched more Lee and Herring.

Anywho, I am very excited because this week I have discovered a penpal. I did not go out and try to find a penpal, she found me. This came about, I am guessing, because she decided to do that thing that we've all done at some point; typing her name into Google and seeing what comes up (my favourite is still MuleBoy's lifestory on film - it was made in 2002). She spied my work email and decided to make contact - so yes, my penpal has the same name as me. At the moment we're still amused by this and keep signing off our emails with our full name. Unfortunately our middle names are different, sadly for me as hers is particularly pretty, so the similarity ends with our first and last names.

We are very different in terms of lives. She's 13, which makes her half my age, and this, along with a very good standard of written English, makes me think of her as a smaller version of me. Henceforth, she shall be known as Mini-Kitten! She lives in Connecticut, which inspired me to enquire about it as a honeymoon destination as I plan to spend some time looking at trees looking pretty (the plan is also to go to New York so that MuleBoy doesn't go crazy - he's not a big lover of the countryside). She also thinks England is "elegant", which made me chuckle, and is going to be learning about Europe in school this year so "anything she doesn't know about England will be covered, hopefully", which confirmed my feelings about the US perception of Europe. We're very small, apparently. I bit back a comment on that one; she's bright, she'll work it out.

I'm guessing that, being 13, she'll get bored of it quicker than I will. However, it's quite sweet and fun for the moment so I'll keep it going until she stops replying or asks me to stop.

No comments: