Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Attitude

Working in an educational establishment as I do can definitely have its ups and downs in terms of how old I feel. On the plus side, people mistake me for a student quite often, I get a student card and can pretend that I am forever 21. However, on the minus side, I can turn up to a class in "Urban Funk" (feel free to laugh at the image of me doing Hip Hop) at the Uni Gym and find myself surrounded by girls whose main aim in life seems to be to make me feel old. The worst part was when the instructor said that she was 21 and I felt very alone. I also struggled to possess any "attitude", a necessity for any dancer of the Hip Hop. The end of the dance routine that was put together was a move full of attitude and yet the only attitude that I had was looking slightly like a little teapot. Bless the students and their ability to look good in jogging trousers while striking poses. I'm going back, though, it's the best class I've done for ages. I may look silly and I may be old but I do like a dance.

Much love to the good people who have been carrying on the nice things. The nice things are reciprocated in triplicate. You are all very lovely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you have more attitude than any silly student. But what I have to know is whether you can really read a book while walking along? That would be a truely special gift...

Alice said...

Unfortunately, while I do have attitude, mine is such that does not translate to the medium of dance.

And yes, I can read while walking. The rules are that I only do it on routes I know well, can't do it in heels and I have to put the book down while crossing roads.