Tuesday, October 17, 2006

snazzle frazzle mazzle

As said by Mutley.

I had to apologise to my colleagues yesterday. After borrowing Neanderthal Boy's phone directory and then realising it wasn't helpful, I did actually intend to throw it back to him with the intention of hitting both his phone and cup of tea. No accident. I was generally extremely irritable yesterday; I really had to stop myself from screaming at students and just shutting up the office. It may have been because I am trying to kickstart the diet again so my only sustenance during the day was a bowl of cereal and Diet Coke. It may have been because I had spent much of the weekend being grouchy and hungover so hadn't really felt like the weekend had happened, except for the two evenings where I was creating the hangover. It may have also been because Muleboy had come to bed at 4.30am Monday and woken me up, which was fine as I normally go back to sleep again but then he woke me up again because he thought he'd heard something. Of course he'd heard something - we have two overweight but active cats. Anywho - whether it was one or all of these things, it meant that I wasn't in the best mood, exacerbated by the proliferation of new and subsequently confused students needing help and a data-inputting job with a deadline for Friday that I'm only halfway through now despite doing constantly for two weeks.

I have resigned myself to being irritable on occasion. I don't have much control over it and can do nothing except wait for it to be over. I only ask that if you realise that this is my mental state, do not try to see if I'm alright, jolly me through it or tease me. I'm not saying that I will actually rip your throat out, I will just want to. Bizarrely, after years of living with this and occasionally being subjected to me in this state of mind now, Big Sis still does at least one of these things. I have come to the conclusion that she has no sense of self preservation. That, or she is an evil mastermind and, in a twist from my currently perceived view of the situation, I am the good sister (I sense scepticism from my gentle readers). Tips for the future - leave me alone without making it obvious that you are leaving me alone, do not draw attention to mental state in any way, wait until I start laughing at myself and then approach.

No comments: