Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Obligatory Blog

I felt like I should post because I haven't done for a week and it is frustrating when you go to a blog that you like and the bastard hasn't posted for ages. They may have an excuse, like Beanie's "oh, my computer doesn't work, blah, blah, blah", but it is annoying. However, I am concerned that my frequent updating of my weight/clothes-buying/working out status may become somewhat repetitive. Unfortunately it generally means that I am shallow. I am also apathetic and therefore have no views of a political nature that I can bring to the bloggy table. I did however, state to the MuleBoy on Sunday that we must watch the news more. We haven't yet but I haven't been in (appropriately have been at WeightWatchers and the gym, so one form of life betterment has succeeded another - I will get good balance and more knowledge, I will). There is a bit of my mind that is still resistant to the watching of the news though as, as a child, that is the only thing I remembered watching regularly on TV. MuleBoy often mentions TV programmes from his youth that I have little or no knowledge of to his disproportionate amazement. But the watching of the news became something of a chore; many was the night that Big Sis and I would beg for our parents to watch just the headlines so that we could watch something exciting on the other side. Moving to Uni and not having to watch the news gave me a sense of freedom that I'm still not willing to relinquish. But feel that I should in order to tick off one of those boxes I have in my head relating to being a fully fledged grown-up.

2 comments:

Corrigan47 said...

Made me laugh.
Ta
Dad

Corrigan47 said...

Mother read it this morning and it made her laugh.

Ta again
Dad