Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Time, Please!

I went out to the Monday Night Drinking Club last night for the first time in ages. I haven't really been to a pub since the whole new licensing stuff was put into effect. Thus I am really sleepy this morning as there was no time called and no overly officious bar-manager type asking us to go (definitely the downside of the Wetherspoons chain). I feel like a kid who's been given a taste of freedom and then regrets it when they get all tired and sulky. Added to that the current insomnia of MuleBoy who, after ghosthunting on Friday with his friend Zombie (we share an enjoyment of the horror films and, hey, cool name), cannot seem to sleep any earlier than 4am. He woke me up when he came to bed at first attempt this morning at 2 and then again at 4 when he came to bed proper. That said, it was a very nice evening yesterday. I went to Weightwatchers and found that I lost 3lbs last week, and then went to the pub and spent time with people I like. So I can't help feeling that the upside outweighs the down even if my back-cracking yawns have been disrupting the office this morning.

No comments: