Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Cup of Tea

I'm finding the politics surrounding cups of tea a very tricky balance at the moment. I normally drink water at work, which is all very healthy but we've run out of bottled water and when I drink the tapwater I feel like it is covering my throat in limescale. So, how do I create a comfortable balance between drinking tea infrequently enough so that I don't have to make it for anyone else and frequently enough to cover the gap left by water? Currently I drink, on average, a cup of tea per week, sometimes less. Everyone else drinks about four cups of tea and coffee per day. I therefore feel justified in never making a batch of hot drinks. One of the (many) things I like about this job over my last (evil) job in the accountants is the lack of enforced tea-making. But now I want more tea! I may have to bite the bullet and make a batch, which will either soothe the troubled minds of my colleagues and morally justify the very few teas I have, or set a dangerous precedent.

On an unrelated note, I am wearing an outfit which I am unsure of today. It seemed a good idea when I set my clothes out last night (it sounds anal, but it's either the night before or getting dressed in the dark, as sleeping MuleBoy and the wardrobe share the same room) but I am now reconsidering the skirt in combination with the sparkly jumper. Well, there's nothing I can do now, short of buying a new outfit in my lunch break and I have sworn off clothes in order to save holiday money. I'm expecting this particular resolution to last for about a week.

No comments: