Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Tree Tantrum

I was a little fraught after my long weekend and not having had any time to relax before coming back into work yesterday. MuleBoy phoned me up in the afternoon and must have been feeling quite fraught too as we had a tense little phone call about Christmas trees* before hanging up. When I got home I turned from fraught to very, very upset because not only had he bought the tree on his own, he'd also decorated it! Without me! Once I'd calmed down (a process involving leaving the house, sleeping and eating) MuleBoy offered to take everything off so I could do it again. But my thinking is once it's done, you can't go back because it makes it less special. This is one of the fundamental differences between us, as I have a need to make things special whereas the Mule just wants to get on with things. On my Birthday morning, I had to make him watch and go "Ooh" while I opened presents etc. At least it's training for when we have kids (what offspring do kittens and mules have?)

*If you think that's ridiculous, once MuleBoy phoned me up at work to tell me off because a sock that I had left underneath the sofa had jammed up the vaccuum cleaner. Ostensibly it was to find out where the hoover bags were, but it was really to be annoyed about the sock.

No comments: