Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Here Be Mingers

So my general sense of frustration and run-downedness has decided to give itself a physical form by appearing on my upper lip in the form of impetigo. I got it twice last year so this seems karmically unfair. Seriously, what did I do to deserve this? It's normally around for about two or three weeks during which time it hurts, itches, throbs and, worst of all, makes me feel hideous. I feel like I should have a leper's bell. I know that to other people it probably doesn't look like the horrific scabrous mass it feels like to me but they should try wearing it on their face for a while and see how they feel about it then. But this one is particularly evil. I'm considering a) cultivating facial hair, b) wearing a mask and/or burkha until it goes or c) hibernation. There's another annoying element, which is the fact that I know the entire process now. I am aware that it will become scabby, then take a while to piss off before leaving an attractive red mark that will stay for months. Months! I will probably have to wear make-up and everything. Ugh. And there appears to be no way of preventing it. I use an anti-bacterial spray thingy and anti-bacterial cleanser and toner - do they work? Nope. Annoying. Also, one final word of complaint for this paragraph, the antibiotics make me feel nauseous. That is all.

No comments: