Monday, March 02, 2009

Back in Business

I'm back at work after a very odd week off when I had a cold. I'd feel guilty about taking time off on Thursday and Friday, and then spend an hour coughing up mucus, which made me feel less guilty as I wouldn't have really wanted to do that at work. But I felt switched off for the whole week. I finally felt better on Saturday and it was as though I got switched on again and all the stuff that I'd forgotten to do came flooding back. Never a fun experience. Now, first day back, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and my hormones have ganged up on me. You'll be glad to know that I have just deleted a lengthy paranthesis debating the use of the word "ganged"; you dodged a bullet there, gentle reader, mainly because I'm not as good at grammar as I wish I was and didn't really know what I was talking about.

On Monday I valiantly struggled into work so I could have my interview. It went very well and my interview technique, which I will patent as the "what would Mrs Drunken Accomplice do?" technique, was quite successful. In the end I was their second choice which, dagnabbit, meant I still didn't get the job but my confidence is greatly improved. I then crawled home and spent most of the week curled up on the sofa. At least I got to see Toyboy a lot who is very proficient at hair stroking and being a human pillow, both of which are essential attributes for looking after me when I am poorly.

Eeshk, I write these gradually during the day and the end of the day came much quicker than expected today. I may, if I feel inclined, post again tomorrow. How exciting for you all.

1 comment:

Corrigan47 said...

I don't care how or why you write these posts - just keep 'em coming. Kitten!