Sunday, September 16, 2007

Off I Go!

As part of my new life, I am off on what would have been my honeymoon on my own. I am terrified and hugely excited, particularly about New York, a dream destination of mine. It's going to be strange - I've never been away on my own before and holidays have tended to be with people who know what they're doing so I just turn up and follow them. A catch-all phrase recently, described as such by Penfold, has been "a voyage of discovery" and none more so voyage-y or discover-y than this. As I am going to be in towns and whatnot, I may blog as I go so be prepared to receive blogs from my travels. Learn of my awe at the Big Apple, be astounded by my inability to go anywhere without a car (as many Americans have been when I have tried to find out about public transport in advance of my trip), and marvel at my exploits. And please continue to email and comment so that in some way, I know I have my people with me (I nearly wrote peeps. It sounded wrong).

One of the things you can do is comment on my Daemon - I am nothing if not bandwagonny - I think it's accurate and given the nature of the world as described in the Dark Materials books am greatly relieved Brynn isn't a dog. I'm really not cut out for the service industries long-term.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not fear, we will be eagerly awaiting updates from across the pond.
Enjoy the shops, the sights and the candy.
Bon Voyage!

Ogre said...

I am delighted that you are doing a blog and that it might cover your travel and adventures in New England.
Your parents are looking forward to reading your accounts as we think you have writing talent, which you have yet to express or exploit in any meaningful fashion.
Anyway, we are there with you in spirit every inch of the way, kid!