Monday, October 01, 2007

Jetlagged?

I don't know whether I am jetlagged or just exhausted after not sleeping on the plane. After about 10 minutes of very bumpy flying, I pulled out my notebook and inscribed the immortal words "I HATE F***ING FLYING I HATE TURBULENCE". Poetic in its simplicity and unfortunately true. I really hate flying. I've had about four hours of sleep since; caught a few zzs in the taxi and crashed when I got home but am very conscious of the fact that I will need to get back to sleep tonight so am trying to keep it to a minimum. I do have work tomorrow (oh dear lord, what was I thinking?) so must try and get back to normal rhythms.

I will write a catch-up thing about Boston at some point - the hotel despite being very, very lovely charged extortionate rates for use of the computers and I objected to having to pay seeing as the previous, less good hotels had given me access for free. To while away the time between check out and flight back, I sat in a restaurant with my notebook yesterday and tried to catch up on all the things I hadn't managed to update while I'd been there, a large portion of the notes were given to a review of Man of La Mancha that I'd seen a local professional company do on Thursday. Anyway, that's for another day, I have to have some lunch that my wonderful Big Sis bought in for me and see my Granny who's in a home (!) Both of us will be deaf today as my ears still aren't clear from the flight. Did I mention I really don't like flying?

1 comment:

Corrigan47 said...

Mummy and Daddy are pleased Kitten is home safely. Hope she gets some sleep although Mum might try to call this evening. Loved rushed posting and look forward to reading about Boston and Man of La Mancha.
We start home tomorrow and will see you Wednesday night.