Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What's it all about, Alfie?

Or, what's this, what's going on here sweetie? as Karen from Will and Grace may say. Unfortunately I hated the remake Alfie (haven't seen the original) and find myself liking W&G less every time it's on. Anywho, I was only trying to express the confusion that you, gentle readers, would naturally be feeling at my posting two days in a row. I don't know what to say, must have just got bitten by the bug again.

I saw Ponytail Boy today. There's something of a saga behind this one. About two or three years ago, maybe even four (help me out, when was Finding Nemo released?) I went to the cinema to see, well, Finding Nemo with a group of people. On coming out, one of the ushers, a short, chubby blonde guy with a ponytail (hence the name) stopped me and said "Hi, Alice. How are you doing?" Now that's a friendly greeting isn't it? Implying an acquaintance where the pair have perhaps met regularly for a period of time but haven't seen each other for a while. I had absolutely no recollection of him AT ALL and allowed myself to be swept away by the large crowd exiting the screen. MuleBoy and I go to the same cinema regularly and he would generally be there and I would smile and act like I knew him and ask surreptitious questions of his co-workers. I asked one girl his name and she said it was Toby. I know no Tobys. Eventually it got very awkward because he'd twigged I had no idea who he was and I was too chicken to just ask him his name and where he knew me from. But I stopped seeing him at the cinema and didn't think about it again. Imagine my joy when I turned around a corner one day at work and realised he works for the same company as me now. Oh. Crap. So on the days when I see him it's back to awkward smiles and uncomfortable silence. One day I will find out, I promise.

Was it only myself and Mrs Drunken Accomplice (presently sober, birdseed eating Accomplice) who mourned the loss of Nikki from Big Brother? I don't understand a public who get rid of the really arsey, interesting people in the house. They want fights, sex and bitchiness but don't want the people who actually do these things to stay in. I miss her already. ("Who is she? Where did you find her? Who is she?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW HIM!!! (Toby) Small world eh?! I will discuss with you, when I see you next, the possible way in which you could know him too (it's not rude don't worry). We'll get to the bottom of it, and it shall be a mystery no more! Also, I'm massively missing the Nikki-ness of the big bro house. BRING HER BACK. Immediately please. (I'm so cooooooooooollllllllld.")

Alice said...

Well, I should hope it isn't rude! Goodness me! But that's amazing. I shall look forward to your ruminations.

And, yay! Another Nikki-devotee. She may be mad but at least she's entertaining. Can you do an impression? I bet you can.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.