Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Being Fair

And that isn't as in the Fairest of them all, because I may wish it but it aint so. Fairest of all the 26 year old women who have curly hair, glasses and occasionally blog and call themselves Kitten maybe. That's as in pale, wan, translucent (my personal favourite), white, untannable. Now, I know I am not as pale as some, namely Beanie and Geef who once got burnt within approximately two minutes of stepping outside. However, I do have trouble not with getting burnt so much but with getting stuff to match my skin tone. I recently bought a tinted moisturiser for fair skin with an SPF to speed up my morning toilette a little. I got the 'fair' tint, tried it on my hand and it looked okay. When I put it on my face at home before work on Monday morning, I looked ever so slightly like I was blacking up and my face hovered above my extremely white-looking neck like a magnum on a white stick. So I did my neck and then rued the fact that I was wearing a low cut top as an expanse of white spread out from my now-brown neck. Unfortunately, by that point, I had to get my train and ran out of the house without any breakfast. Fortunately I had make-up remover things with me and was able to get rid of the ridiculous face and neck when I got to work. So not only did the tint look stupid, it also slowed me down rather than sped me up! I have since decided to improve my colour with self-tanning moisturisers instead and now I am covered in patchy golden brown bits of skin. I can't win. I should just accept that colour does not look good on my skin and I will not be able to get away with white at my wedding, otherwise no-one will be able to see my face and, if it is a particularly bright day, may get struck down with snow-blindness.

No comments: