Tuesday, March 27, 2007

In other news...

We kicked ass at the drama festival thing. Yay. The play what I devised* was recalled and got second best play of the festival, Zombie got best actor, Semolina Broccoli got Best Supporting Player, Mrs FW and I got mentioned as runners-up in the acting categories and Lorraine and Semolina's play won the whole thing and will go through to the next round. This does mean that Working didn't get through because only one team from each company could qualify, but I still get to tag along as a replacement for one of the original cast who can't make it. Which I think qualifies as being jammy.

I'm very excited because Mrs Drunken Accomplice is PREGNANT! From henceforth she shall be The Sober Accomplice until such time as she has ceased breastfeeding. Congratulations to all the Accomplices, especially Foetal Accomplice.


*MuleBoy reminded me of a story I like the other day. Someone I work with met Hello Darling on a train. Hello Darling said that she was going to see The Play Wot I Wrote in London. It later got back to Hello Darling that my colleague had said afterwards that "you'd think she'd have better grammar if she'd written a play". Love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay me, I had sex! I do feel like getting a T shirt made up which says "yes, we did it, but only the once" - I'm hoping it might help my parents to get over their trauma that this is uncontested proof that I have seen Mr DA naked!

But general hysteria and leaping around and hoorayness, you cannot even imagine how hard it has been keeping this quiet for 3 months!!

Lots of love Mrs DA xxx

PS What's all this nonsense about not drinking while breastfeeding?! - while pregnant, yes, but I'm of the theory that a good mix of wine and breast milk will just encourage the small child to sleep longer!! Am I a bad mother?!