Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tricky

The problem is, the more you refrain from posting, the more there is to post about and the next post can become a huge rambly update-y thing when you finally return. So do I describe my holiday in great detail, or do I take the lazy approach and just refer you to Beanie's description of the holiday so I don't have to?

Regardless, I shall inform you that I had a really, really excellent time, Muleboy's insect bites and my ankle-wrenching accident nonewithstanding. I spent some quality time with the Mule, spent some quality time with lots of other people that I really like, ate a lot, drank a lot. Didn't do as much exercise as I would have liked and despite my preference to spend ridiculous amounts of time in the pool ended up spending rather too much time using it as physiotherapy or not bothering because getting in and out was too much like hard work. We went on trips out and we had our first wedding present bought for us on my favourite day out. We danced, we sang, we talked, we watched Dog Day Afternoon in Italian and we slept.

Since then, it has been nicer than I would have thought getting back home as I did miss the cats (call me crazy cat-woman) and my house. I don't really want to be back at work but what can you do? I had a great extended weekend and popped up to London to talk to a man about a dog and spend some time with Mum, Dad and Big Sis, followed by a lovely wedding the next day. Mr Whistler and Funny Girl are now joined in holy matrimony and shall be henceforth the Funny Whistlers. It works for me. I also managed to tidy and sort some of the bedrooms that had yet to be done in our new and enormous house, which gave me a great sense of fulfilment before I spent bank holiday monday parked in front of a TV, first at Drunken Accomplice's and then at my very own. I didn't do as much concerted laziness as I had planned but as this is probably something I would say about my holiday as well, I would count this as a personality flaw.

While on my holiday, I made two decisions. One, that I would direct again with the Mule. I expected to come home and regret this decision but am actually both hopeful and excited. I shall be better this time and try and improve the stuff I got wrong last time (assuming we get voted in). I also plan to write more. I have good ideas, I write fairly well, I just don't dedicate any time to it. If it doesn't work after I make a concerted effort, then it isn't something I can do and I can cross it off the list.

So there we go, both long and rambling. I thought it would be.

1 comment:

Cracked Actor said...

Ah, yes. Writing more. A good plan that I too have implemented consistently for the last five years, and consistently failed at. I thought the blogging thing would be a good way to get back into writing, but it turns out you spend your writing timne writing on the blog rather than anything important. Never mind, I enjoyed writing the holiday journal, but that was because I had days of nothing else to do.

Good luck anyway.